default fonts problem solved

From: Sterling Sympatico
Subject: default fonts problem solved
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:40:56 -0400

Hi everyone,

I was having problems with my fonts in lilypond 2.4.5.  If I created a
file (.ly) and ran lilypond file.ly, the resulting .dvi file looked
great.  The title and all text was a nice font.  When I tried using xpdf
and gv to view the pdf and ps files that were also created, the fonts
looked like some typewriter font with poor kerning.

However...

If I run 'dvips file.dvi' I get a beautiful output in .ps.  To get the
same output in pdf, I need to run ps2pdf (dvipdfm does not seem to
translate all the note stems and such - there is probably a method for
calling the correct font file but I am not too concerned right now).

The same goes for lilypond-book... I need to run the dvips command
without the "-u+ec-mftrace.map" option to get the correct results.  This
may be a bug or some documentation that is incorrect with my current
version of lilypond.

Sterling