RE: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:08:39 -0500

Bert -

Digging in, I'm more and more impressed and enamored with LilyTool
capabilities.  Don't yet have a completely functional installation.

With 2.4.3, in Cygwin/bash:
Until LilyTool, all I've wanted is the pdf, with ps a necessary
intermediate.

Using lilypond <file> in the LilyTool console, the .ps and .pdf files are
properly generated.  The PostScript file does not display using
Process/view.  Process/view does not present an option to display the pdf.
The dvi partially displays with jdvi, showing beams, stems, hairpins, tuplet
spanners, bar lines, slurs, and simple multimeasure rests; it does not
display other rests, note heads, clef, signatures, markups, dynamics,
articulations, text crescendos, or accidentals.  Can't find a standalone dvi
viewer to compare.  (To garble: to so alter or distort as to create a wrong
impression or change the meaning; to introduce error by inaccurate
encipherment, transmission, or decipherment.)

Does LilyTool require the TeX file?  If so, what for?

Cygwin appeared as c:\Program Files\lilypond\cygwin.bat during the LilyPond
installation.  It seems to be a vanilla DOS batch file.  The operable
commands are:
      cd\
      chdir C:\Program Files\LilyPond\bin
      bash --login -i
I believe this was/is the default.

Guessing, it seems, in LilyTool, Console > System is a DOS shell and Console
> LilyPond is a bash shell.  Both are instantiated.

I don't like the file structure that Windows XP forces.  In many ways it is
awkward and only marginally decipherable, but there is no hope of
rationalizing Windows.  LilyTool should adapt.  If you can tell me how/where
to change the commands LilyTool hands to the Console, I'll try to find a
way.

The font question was posted to address@hidden  It bounced from
address@hidden as an unrouteable address?

Thanks for your responses.