Re: change page number locations

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Re: change page number locations
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:35:27 -0700

Sterling Sympatico wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How does one change the side of the page that the page number appears?
>My 2nd page (the first page to show a page number) will need the page
>number in the upper right corner, rather than upper left.  Thanks for
>any hints.
>
>Sterling MacNay

Have a look at scm/page-layout.scm to see the Scheme code for displaying
page numbers, starting on line 38.  I don't know much Scheme but it
seems like you should be able to redefine the plain-header function in
your .ly file, changing the "even?" test on line 50 to "odd?", as follows:

(if (odd? page-number)
        (set! line (reverse line)))

I haven't tested this but I think it should work with a minimum of
hacking.  If moving up to version 2.5 is an option for you, you have
full control over page layout without having to hack in Scheme.

Mind you, I'm not a guru, and this could be way off-track.  Just trying
to be helpful.  :-)

--Daniel