Re: Languages other than English on the mailing list

From: dax2
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:45:24 +0200

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:15:25 +0200
Sven wrote:

> OK, visst kan det vara både intressant och lärorikt att se andra språk
> än engelska här på listan, men för att kommunikationen ska fungera så
> smidigt som möjligt så tycker jag att man bör försöka att i första hand
> skriva på engelska och bara i nödfall använda andra språk.

Translation:

Ok, sure it can be interesting and educational to see other languages
than English on the list here, but in order for communication to take
place as smooth as possible I think that one should first of all try
to write English and only in emergency use other languages.

End of translation.

Machine translation from

Yoke , indeed able the product both interesting and l?rorikt that
watch second language than English here on list , but for that
communication ska officiate so agile as possible so fancy self
that husband should attempt that in first hand write on English
and only in n?dfall uses second language.

End of Machine translation.

I think I agree 40%, we all should try to write English and also
help out as much as possible. The will to try and write as good
as possible in another language is rewarding to a degree high above
the effort you put into it.

The other side of the coin is the inner suffering I have seen
among people who really do not have the intellectual tools to
learn another language on the fly. I am not sure that I understand
this very well, but I believe that shame and anxiety takes hold of
the mind if you are not at all trained in using your own language
as a grammatical language. Such people use phrase-vocabularies and
will have extreme difficulties expressing something new in any
language (that is what I believe); helping and coaching in simple
English may be the solution here.

If some message arrive in Super Well Written French then of course
it is a different matter: Alors on doit apprendre le langue de
cette liste si c'nest pas trop difficile (then you should learn
the language of this list if/because it is not very difficult).

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel