2.6 fonts questions

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: 2.6 fonts questions
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:51:36 -0700

Using the autopackage version of lily 2.6 on Debian sarge, I was playing around with font selection, and was getting almost nowhere. The documentation on the website says the following:

> By setting the object properties described below, you can select a font from the > preconfigured font families. LilyPond has default support for the feta music fonts and
> TeX's Computer Modern text fonts.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the new default text something other than the TeX CM family? If I were so inclined, how would I use the CM fonts?

> Any font can be used, as long as it is available to Pango/FontConfig.

How do I find out what fonts are available to Pango/FontConfig? Xfontsel/gtkfontsel don't recognize all of the fonts that I have installed, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to be looking.

> See also

> Init files: ly/declarations-init.ly contains hints how new
> fonts may be added to LilyPond.

This file doesn't seem to have anything in it regarding fonts. If I have missed something, please show me.

-- Josiah