Re: Help with midis on an older version 2.0.1-1

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Help with midis on an older version 2.0.1-1
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:26:52 -0700

On 28-Jun-05, at 4:09 PM, Eric Schissel wrote:

I use a Macintosh G3 with OS 10.2.8; I hope to upgrade soon or to find a way to compile a more recent version of Lilypond myself if that's/to the extent possible rather than relying on the "fink install" version I'm using now,

Use the new binary installer; it works independently of fink. It's just like any other
OSX application.

 \midi { \tempo 4 = 60 }
 \score

Try sticking the \midi inside the \score.

 {
     \notes
     \relative c
 {\newpage
 {
 \property Staff.instrument=#"Cello"
 \property Staff.instrument=#"Vcl"
 \property Staff.midiInstrument=#"cello"
 \clef bass
 \time 3/4
 {
 \tempo 4=60
 a4\<\p (bes2 as4 bes\!\ff ges\p\> d8 e f b16 g c,4\!\fermata)
 \tempo 4=90
  \fatText es4^"Allegro"\mf (as2)
  e4 (b'2)
 c4 (a'2)
\midi
 }

I _think_ it goes there, but it would be easier to tell if you used
more indents.

Cheers,
- Graham