Re: Programming error (caused by \tempo)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Programming error (caused by \tempo)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:55:04 +0200

This bug seems to be solved in version 2.6.
In general, please send bug reports to the bug-lilypond mailing list.

   /Mats

Gilles wrote:
Maybe, the information at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-05/msg00207.html
can provide some help.

I installed the "ec-fonts-mftraced_1.0.12-1_all.deb" provided on the Lilypond site. No improvement.

It turns out there was in fact 2 different problems. One was the broken package for the fonts (1.0.10a-1), which is indeed solved
by the above package (sorry, Mats!). [At first, it didn't, but then after
running "dpkg-reconfigure tetex-bin", the nice font was back.]

The second problem is still there.  And the following excerpt points at the
culprit:

%-----
\version "2.4.5"

recorderNotes = \relative c'' {
%  \tempo 2 = 135
  \repeat volta 16 { a2 b4 c | }
}

\score {
  \unfoldrepeats \recorderNotes
}
%-----

When the "\tempo" instruction is not commented out, lilypond prints:

[...]
programming error: Improbable offset for translation: setting to zero
Continuing; crossing fingers
[...]

and produces an output where all the staves are squashed together.
[Was this a known bug?  I couldn't find it in the ML archive.]

Is the only solution to upgrade to 2.6.0 ?  I would be glad to, but the
"autopackage" couldn't install it (see the post "I miss Lily")...

Best regards,
Gilles

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing