Re: Feature request - contemporary trill indications

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: Feature request - contemporary trill indications
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:46:13 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Jamie Bullock wrote:

Hi!

Is there any chance that someone could write a lilypond engraver for
contemporary trill notation? By this I mean the use of the usual trill
sign, with a small, stemless notehead in brackets after the main note,
indicating the 'auxilliary note' to be trilled with.

This notation technique is common in contemporary scores, such as those
by Boulez, and I use it a lot in my own work. To my knowledge there is
no other 'standard' method for indicating the auxilliary note of a trill
in atonal music.
I have tried to work out a way of doing this with both lilypond 2.4.5
and 2.5.29, but I can't seem to find a method that works properly. Any
suggestions, even for a workaround would be much appreciated.

If you're willing to pay for the development, I could implement this as a small feature.

If there are a few people willing to pitch in, this is something that I would be willing to pay for to help make happen. I just doubt that, with my student budget, I would be able to pay for this on my own.

Josiah