Re: Lilypond 2.6.1 on Gentoo: libstdc++

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.6.1 on Gentoo: libstdc++
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:33:20 -0700

Dear Martin --

I took another look at your error message.  I think that if you scroll
further up in your error messages, you'll find that there was a
non-fatal error in processing a .ly file; this causes problems for
texi2dvi later.  Also, have you explicitly disabled the "doc" USE flag
for this?  I.e. added the following to /etc/portage/package.use:
media-sound/lilypond -doc
You can make sure by using the ask-verbose flag when emerging:
emerge -av lilypond
I could almost swear that somehow the "doc" USE flag is being set.
Also, if you discover the failed processing of a .ly file, it is almost
assuredly because of a problem with Guile 1.6.7.  If you want to try
updating Guile to the CVS version, you can find instructions here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-07/msg00031.html
Just ignore steps 12-18, since the ebuild available from the Gentoo
bugzilla handles that part for you.  You'll find that Lilypond builds
much faster with the CVS Guile.

--Daniel