Re: LilyPond uses sans-serif font after 2.6 upgrade

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond uses sans-serif font after 2.6 upgrade
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:13:07 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:

On 29-Jul-05, at 1:53 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

After poking around a bit, I realized the problem -- since I'm building lilypond myself in my home directory, of course the sytem-wide fontconfig won't find the lilypond fonts. I can point fontconfig at the fonts with ~/.fontconf , but then
I still need to update that file with the new version number.

I don't know if this is good or bad...

this looks OK.

To clarify further, I have fontconfig, pango, and whatnot[1] installed via fink in /sw, owned by root. I build lilypond as a user, and install it in $HOME/usr/pkg/lilypond as a user. If the LilyPond binary tells itself where the fonts are, then something is wrong. If "make

what happens if you do

  lilypond -V <mumble>

Lily will print which font directories are added to the search path. Do they exist?

If you're running from the development directory directly (without doing make install), you need to set LILYPONDPREFIX to that directory.