AW: how to engrave arrow over notehead?

From: Bodo
Subject: AW: how to engrave arrow over notehead?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:36:03 +0100

> As an alternative, find out how to enter the desired arrow
> symbol in your text editor (one solution is to lookup the
> Unicode representation for different kinds of arrows at
> http://www.unicode.org/charts/symbols.html)
> Then, you can simply enter the symbol as a text script.
>
>     /Mats

Hi Mats,

Thanks, this works.
I'm using unicode symbol 2191 for the up arrow, and 2193 for the down arrow.
Now how can I get the symbol to be displayed directly above the notehead?
Using something like c_"arrow" or c^"arrow" displays the symbol at the
bottom or top of the line, but I want it closer to the notehead.
Is this possible?

 Bodo