Re: Repeat brackets and chordmode

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repeat brackets and chordmode
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:01:43 +0200

Angel Candelaria wrote:
Hi. I'm a new lilypond user, so please excuse me if
this question is too basic or elemental.
I'm writing a chord chart using \chordmode but am
having trouble with some repeats because the chord
names appear above the numbered ending brackets. How
can I make lilypond write the repeat brackets above of
the chord names?

You can find an example in the Tips and Tricks document
included in the documentation for your version of LilyPond
at www.lilypond.org.

Also, how can I place the chord name closer to the top
of the staff? Sometimes I find that the chord names
are a little far up. Thanks.

See section "10.1.6 Vertical spacing" in the manual.
Note that both the vertical extent of Staff and of
ChordNames is involved here. However, by default there's
no reserved space below the chords, so you don't have to
fiddle with that setting.

   /Mats