Re: Recommendation

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Recommendation
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:48:52 +0200

And I have an other idea. I am mainly interested in choral music. If one enters every voice for itself and puts it together in a score block (like I did in the example), LiliPond typesets the rests for each voice. So it would be nice to have an option like "\shareRests" or something, that equal rests will be combined automatically and you don't have to mess around with \oneVoice, \voiceOne and \voiceTwo in the separated voices.

The idea is good, however, there is another way to achieve its effect: in the first voice after putting \voiceOne put \revert Voice.Rest #'direction, and in the second voice use skips instead of rests.

Bert