Re: Getting key change alterations printed

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Getting key change alterations printed
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:32:43 +0200

On 14 Aug 2005, at 01:09, Graham Percival wrote:
In LilyPond 2.7.3-1 for Mac OS X, when I make a key change using \key, I get a cancellation of the old alterations, but the new ones only appears first on the next line. Is this a bug, or should I enter some command to get the new key alterations displayed immediately?

It was a bug that was fixed in 2.7.4. If you're using the unstable branch (ie 2.7.3, instead of the stable 2.6 branch), it is advisable to search bugs- and -devel if you think you've discovered a bug. (or simply subscribe to those
lists)

For common use, we recommend 2.6 for precisely this reason.

You have a setup, different from the one I am used to. On the Bison list, people are recommended trying out the latest beta, so one gets to know that it works. Bugs are reported on the bugs list; the actual fixes are reported to the bison-patches list, but duplicated to the bugs list, if necessary. I see now you have special list for announcing new versions; on Bison, that is made on all the lists. The development list for Hugs was something only for those actively developing, probably something like the Bison-patches; something to read only if you want to check that the source code fixes are OK.

  Hans Aberg