Re: lilypond-book 2.6.1 and --psfonts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book 2.6.1 and --psfonts
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:34:15 +0200

I finally found the silly bug causing the problem. The fix will
appear in next versions of 2.6.x and 2.7.x.
It's also easy to fix it yourself in your existing installation.
Just open /usr/bin/lilypond-book (or wherever the program is installed,
check with 'which lilypond-book') in a text editor (as root if
necessary to get write permissions) and edit line 98 to read

        ('', '', 'psfonts',

   /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Forgot to say that the easy workaround for you is to use the
English settings in LilyPond. Just do
export LANG=en_US
in the shell where you use lilypond-book and lilypond.

   /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

It seems that there's something wrong with the handling of
translations of the printouts lilypond-book. I actually do get
exactly the same weird result as you when I set the environment
variable LANG to "de_DE" for German or "sv_SE" for Swedish. I send a
copy to the bug-lilypond mailing list.

Test case for bug hunters:
export LANG=de_DE
lilypond-book --psfont somefile.lytex
export LANG=sv_SE
lilypond-book --psfont somefile.lytex

   /Mats

Martin Brodbeck wrote:

Mats Bengtsson schrieb:

I don't know what you did when you applied the patch, but the
resulting program is certainly broken if it starts printing out
usage text when you call it with ordinary arguments.

I did nothing magic :)
Well, after uninstall lilypond and re-install lilypond 2.6.2 and I got the same issue. Calling "lilypond-book --psfonts file.latex" results in the mentioned usage message. It it interesting that calling "lilypond-book --psfonts= programm.latex" (please note the "=") works.

regards
Martin

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing