Re: Multiple Rehearsal Marks

From: Will Oram
Subject: Re: Multiple Rehearsal Marks
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:01:13 -0500

Ooooh, how aggrevating! Between what I originally had and the reduced score presented here, I must've run lily on two or three intermediate steps to make sure the bug was still appearing. Yet, the version I submitted works for me too. Sounds like a heisenbug.

OK, let me start fresh. I can confirm that this code does exactly what I have already described. If it works for you, God hates me.

\version "2.7.5"

#(set-global-staff-size 13)
\include "english.ly"

\paper {
        systemSeparatorMarkup = \slashSeparator
        raggedbottom = ##f
        raggedlastbottom = ##f
}

music = \relative c'{
  c4 d e f \mark \default |
  g f e d \mark \default |
  c1 |
}

\book {
        \score {
            \simultaneous {
                \new StaffGroup <<
                                \new GrandStaff <<
                                \new Staff <<
                                                \new Voice \relative d' {
\music }

                                        \new Staff <<
                                                \new Voice \relative d' {
\music }

                                        \new Staff <<
                                                \new Voice \relative d' {
\music }

                                >> % end GrandStaff

                                \new Staff <<
                                        \partcombine
                                                \relative d'' { \music }
                                                \relative g' { \music }

                                \new Staff <<
                                        \new Voice \relative d'' { \music }

                        >> % end StaffGroup

                        \new Staff <<
                                \new Voice \relative g, { \music }

                        \new StaffGroup <<
                                \new GrandStaff <<
                                        \new Staff \with { \consists "Mark_engraver"
} <<
\set GrandStaff.instrument = \markup { \center-align {\line {Violins}}}
                                                \set GrandStaff.instr = #"Vln."
                                                \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"string
ensemble 1"
                                                \new Voice \relative dflat'' {
\music }

                                        \new Staff <<
                                                \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"string
ensemble 1"
                                                \new Voice \relative aflat' {
\music }

                }

            \layout {
                \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
                \context { \GrandStaff \consists "Instrument_name_engraver" }
\context { \Score \override InstrumentName #'space-alist = #'((left-edge . (extra-space . 3.0))) }
            }

        \midi { \tempo 8 = 76 }