Re: Percent repeat sign

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Percent repeat sign
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:38:06 +0200

Claus Wilke wrote:
Maybe I should have started with this question, but what do you need the
notation for?

If Mats' trick serves you, then it's ok.  Otherwise please let me know,
then I will go ahead with adding the sponsored feature.

I realized that Mats' trick would work in principle, but I don't like it (a) because it's a dirty hack, and (b) because it doesn't help me in my particular case: In Jazz, people often use the percent sign to indicate "play something". In the particular tune I tried to engrave, the lead sheet starts out with a percent sign in the very first measure. Thus, the trick doesn't work for me.

Where did I leave my brain when I wrote that it's not possible?

  \override MultiMeasureRest #'print-function =

I expect that it will also work with 2.2 , you have to add \score{\notes {}}.

I added this example to the 2.7 manual, and will not do the sponsored feature we talked about earlier. I would be very glad if you could make a small donation for my time (address@hidden via paypal).

Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden -

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation