Possible tie bug?

From: Bec and John Silva
Subject: Possible tie bug?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:58:37 -0400

Hi,

I have noticed a few things, possibly bugs, in a score I recently typeset using 2.7.8 that didn't exist in a pdf I previous typeset with Lilypond (not sure which version, sorry!). Here are some examples - all examples are 2.7.8 vs. a previous version:

PNG image

 vs

PNG image

As you can see, the tie is too close to the dot.

PNG image

 vs.

PNG image

I doubt this is a bug (though I didn't expect it), but I've noticed this different placement of ties. However, what I don't understand is that it's not always consistent:

PNG image

 (2.7.8)

Where the tie on the same note is in a different location. Why?

I know that improved ties are part of the 2.7 release, and I'm sure they are great. If they're not bugs, perhaps someone could help me understand these things I've brought up. Thanks!

- John