\markup question

From: Tim Sawyer
Subject: \markup question
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 23:08:36 +0100

Hi,

I'm using

\markup{ \small { \note #3 #0 #1 \note #3 #0 #1 = \note #3 #0 #1 \note #4 #0
#1 }}

to produce a swing notation header in my music.

I'd like to add a dot after the first note on the right hand side, making the
note lengths add up properly.  (Two quavers = dotted quaver, semiquaver) How
can I do this?

I'd also like to have notes beamed together rather than single tails.  Is this
possible?

I'm using lilypond 2.0.3 (sorry, it's the latest stable Gentoo one!)

Cheers,

Tim.