Re: PDF Viewing / Updating a score

From: Trent J
Subject: Re: PDF Viewing / Updating a score
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:31:50 +1000

Hi Bertalan,

Thanks for your reply.

Using the PDF file is not possible for updating since Lilypond deletes the old PDF before writing the new one which means closing the pdf before running lilypond. So viewing the postscript file is the way to go. As I said before gsview for some reason is unable to display lilypond .ps files and as far as I can see is really the only postscript viewer for windows.

VSD replied earlier saying there was a view postscript command in lily4jedit which I use with lilypond. He said that this is doesn't work with the latest lily4jedit version (0.2.8-6) which I'm also using... with windows native version 2.7 of lilypond.

Regards,

Trent