Re: Still \char # problem..

From: stk
Subject: Re: Still \char # problem..
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:17:16 -0400 (EDT)

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> why do you want to specify the character code? Why not
> insert whatever symbol you want directly with your text
> editor?

People using SToccata.TTF or other non-unicode symbol fonts would find it
helpful to be able to specify the character they want using \char #137
for example.

Beyond that, \char is an existing feature; if its behaviour were
consistent with LilyPond's switch to utf-8, then people who needed only a
few accented letters from time to time could write \char #50089 to get
e-acute, or the corresponding number to get some character from the Czech,
Romanian, etc. alphabet.

-- Tom