Re: Shortened volta span & autopackage

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Shortened volta span & autopackage
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:49:55 +0200

Daniel Johnson wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Shelagh Manton wrote:

I was hoping somebody would point me to the place in the documentation
where it shows how to shorten a volta bracket. I've seen it, but can't
find it again..

The volta will include exactly as many notes as you include in the
corresponding block of the \alternative{...}, so can't you just move
some notes outside the \alternative{...}, or maybe I didn't understand
your question. It's always easier to answer if you include some LilyPond
code and tell exactly what you want changed.

I believe the original poster was desiring to set the vertical extent of
a volta bracket, rather than the horizontal.

The height of the left/right edge should be controlled by
\override Staff.VoltaBracket #'height = #1.0  % Default = 2.0!
and the default distance between the bracket and the stave by
\override Staff.VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #4.0 % Default = 5.0

for the documentation.