Re: Unusual Repeat Alternatives

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Unusual Repeat Alternatives
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:52:05 +0200

Read the section on "Manual repeat commands" in the manual.

Jennifer Clark wrote:

I'm writing out some music at the moment which has an odd repeat structure in it. There are two distinct alternatives, a very long one and a short one. The long one is called after repeats 1 and 3, and the short one after repeat 2. So the music should look roughly like this:

_________________   _______________
| 1--3.                       :|   | 2.

The default method in lilypond for repeated alternatives labels the above as 1--2 and 3, assuming that the first alternative is played twice. I guess this is reasonable, but is there a way to override it to state the repeats in the correct way in this case?

Thanks for your help,

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems