Re: text font problems with 2.6.4 for windows?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: text font problems with 2.6.4 for windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:53:42 +0200

I just realized that I could run lilypond from the Cygwin command
line if I added the path to the mingw version to PATH. Then I could
also see the error message when running 2.6.4 (installed without a

>>lilypond testfile.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.6.4
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-2", message: "can't open the module"

  /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

I did use the full installation, not only the upgrade, but I didn't remove
the previous installation first.

Trying Uninstall + Install of mingw LilyPond 2.6.4 is unfortunately much
less successful. Double clicking on a .ly file or drag&drop onto the LilyPond icon doesn't produce anything. When I go back to version 2.6.3, it works fine. One problem is that I've never been able to run mingw LilyPond from any kind
of command line, neither with version 2.6.3 or 2.6.4 or earlier versions.
lilypond -h
does give a normal response but if I try anything else, it just complains about
"unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path"

When I set LILYPOND_VERBOSE=1 at the command prompt and run
lilypond -h, I get a number of warning printouts about missing files and
directories, but these are exactly the same both for 2.6.3 and 2.6.4.

I finally tried to install 2.6.4 on top of 2.6.3, which seems to work well
and all fonts are found as usual.

   /Mats

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

I didn't notice any problems!

Ok.  I tested my newly released Cygwin 2.6.4 and that works fine too.

Waitaminute.  Did you install the -upgrade exe?  If so, could you
uininstall and test the full version (the support libraries were
rebuilt, that may have introduced a problem)?

Jan.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems