Re: Grace Notes + Lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Grace Notes + Lyrics
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:12:04 +0100

The easiest is simply to put an empty syllable in the lyrics,
\version "2.6.0"
\score{
<<
 \relative c''{g4 \grace bes8 a a r4 f8 g}
 \addlyrics {Land: _ Er -- de, und die }

}

but maybe it's more idiomatic typesetting to use a acciaccatura
instead (I'm not sure what the standard typesetting practice is, though).

\version "2.6.0"
\score{
<<
 \relative c''{g4 \acciaccatura bes8 a a r4 f8 g}
 \addlyrics {Land: Er -- de, und die }

}

  /Mats

Will Oram wrote:

You'll have to forgive me if I ask a question answered in the manual or archives. I have no lyrics experience in music *or* lilypond, so this is new dabbling for me. I swear I searched and experimented before I wrote this message.

I wish to have one measure as so in lily 2.6.3: (I'm writing it vertically in case formatting is crippled when viewing):

g4              Land:
\grace bflat8
a8              Er --
a               de,
r4
f8              und
g               die

lilypond tends to put 'Er --' on the grace note, which naturally kills the alignment for the rest of the music. How do I put empty space on the grace value? I tried ignoreMelisma but I was basically guessing in my placement of \set and \unset.

Best,

will is the everyman
                       _   |  WILL ORAM
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )  |  spamguy (at) foxchange . com
 - against HTML email  X   |  wro1 (at) cwru . edu
             & vCards / \  |
                           |  AIM spamguy21

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing