Re: Fun with \include "english.ly"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fun with \include "english.ly"
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 20:17:01 -0800

On 30-Oct-05, at 1:00 PM, Thomas J. Dillman wrote:

After some experimentation. I've discovered that the problem was doing the include inside a {} block. english.ly defines a variable, which, it seems, can't be done inside a block. I didn't see anything on this in the tutorial or manual. Did I miss something obvious?

In "file structure", it only says that definitions can be done at the top level (ie not within {} ). If you have suggestions for where else we should have this info, please let me know.

Cheers,
- Graham