Re: Running Lilypond through jEdit in Windows

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Running Lilypond through jEdit in Windows
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:43:42 +0100

uunail (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

According to your message you wanted to upload the 2.6 compatible version onto the jEdit plugin central.

Until now (two weeks later) this is obviously not yet done.

I've done what I could (I put it into Plugin Central Submission tracker of jEdit). It takes time (days or weeks) to get into the official plugin bunch.

I tried to use the downloads you refer to, but after installation of the files I get java error messages while running.

Note you must have Java 5.0 (aka 1.5). You should also try the latest version (0.2.9) on http://www.sf.net/projects/lily4jedit Just download and unzip into - assuming jEdit is installed at c:\jedit - c:\jedit\jars:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lily4jedit/lily4jedit-0.2.9.zip?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lily4jedit/lilyjhelp-2.6.0-1.zip?download

I hope I have not forgot anything from the zip. If you get error messages (when starting jEdit), please let me know.

Also note that if you'd like to keep with 0.2.8, it must have been unzipped into c:\jedit (because it already contains the jars folder). However, the new 0.2.9 must be unzipped into c:\jedit\jars.

Bert