Language of error messages / jEdit

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Language of error messages / jEdit
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:57:45 +0100

Hi list,
I think this is more a linux than a lilypond question, but I dare to ask:
How do I change the language of lilypond messages? They are now in german, so
jEdit doesn't recognize them and doesn't display them in its error list.
I have had this problem some time ago, when I tried LilyPond on Suse 9.1. and
could solve it changing some locale settings.
Now  have LilyPond 2.6.4.3 (from autopackage) on a Kanotix/DebianSid system.
I have already changed LC_MESSAGES to unset or "en_US" with no effect on
lilypond.

Thank you,
Thomas (still new to linux)