Re: Undefined control sequence. \embeddedps

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Undefined control sequence. \embeddedps
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:24:38 +0100

I really recommend to upgrade to the latest stable version, 2.6 or
at least to avoid development versions like 2.3 (odd sub-version is
development, even is "stable"). I guess the real problem is that you
use teTeX version 3.0, which by default uses pdflatex run in latex
mode for the 'latex' command and it seems that your lilypond version
used the wrong technique to detect if you actually run pdflatex or
latex. I would expect other problems as well if you don't upgrade.
(If you upgrade to version 2.6, you will get rid of all dependencies
to teTeX for normal LilyPond use).

   /Mats

Jim Smith wrote:

Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> s3.kth.se> writes:

As you can see from the error message, latex finds some files
from an installation of lilypond 2.3.4, so if you really run the
lilypond command from version 2.2.2 then the problem is that
you have two versions of the program installed but not set up
correctly. My guess is that your lilypond-profile file which is
sourced when you login comes from the 2.3.4 installation.

  /Mats

Correction: I am running 2.3.4_1.  I had uninstalled 2.2.2 after
it stopped working with LaTeX.  LyX seems to be working fine,
if that makes any difference.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems