Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:23:06 +0100

I have several times suggested to replace the term "Rehearsal Mark"
with something like "Text Mark", to point out that \mark is not only
useful for rehearsal marks but to typeset any textual indications above
a bar lines or at the beginning of a score line. My only point was that
it doesn't make sense to talk about bug when there is no clear right
or wrong behaviour.

liang seng wrote:

Hi, I suppose you're right. As outlined in the manual, since rehearsal marks are centrally aligned, overriding this with left or right align will have no effect.

If you want to change the alignment of a rehearsal mark, just do
  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
The fine detail that is solved by setting

\override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-offset = #0.0

is that otherwise the left edge of the text will be aligned to the
center of the time signature not to the left edge of the time signature.

I've been thinking, if that's the case, should we introduce a new grob which governs the tempo marking that is not centrally aligned by default?

It's actually fairly easy to add a new command, like \leftalignedmark,
yourself, using def-music-function. See sections 11.1.3, 11.1.6 and
the example lily-in-scheme.ly in Regression Test.