[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


From: Guido Amoruso
Subject: xml2ly-0.69.0
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:44:04 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm the author of the old "xml2ly". I followed in the shadow the recent
thread about MusicXML import, and I'd like to tell what happened to my
work on xml2ly.

First of all, the website is  unmaintained,
both because I missed to do the update procedure after some troubles on
the GNU servers and due to lack of time and motivation. So, the first
"xml2ly" rests in peace - and will do so forever ;-) BTW, it did its job
rather well,  as XSLT was not the best technology for such a task.

Later on, I started a rewrite in Python. Step by step, I went on for
some years... I was contacted by people asking for news about my work
(hi Árpád, Nigel, Aaron, Piotr, Enrico!) and I gave them the scratches I
had at hand. Few weeks ago I decided to polish definitely the new
convertor and release it as "musicxml2ly". Then, I read the thread on
the Lilypond mailing-list and wrote to Han-Wen to talk about its own
roadmap: he suggested me to send anyway my work to the list as soon as

So, here is the new "xml2ly"! I decided to name it "xml2ly" once again
in order to avoid name clashes with Han-Wen's one, which is still well
worth to be sponsored, due to the better design, integration with
Lilypond infrastructure and distribution, and the known quality of his
work. I'm releasing "xml2ly" hoping it will be useful, in the meanwhile.


Attachment: xml2ly-0.69.0.tar.bz2
Description: application/bzip-compressed-tar

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]