Re: Presentation and first doubt

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: Presentation and first doubt
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 00:33:50 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Pedro Mart?nez wrote:

Hello comunity,

At first place I would like to present myself because this is the first time
I write here and I'm so glad to be part of this comunity. My name is Pedro,
I have study Musicology and I didn't know the existence of lilypond until a
few days ago that I finded it casually at the net; I am very surprised for
the posibilities and I hope to learn to use it step by step because I am a
newbie in GNU/Linux, LaTeX and of course Lilypond.

Then welcome!

I am reading the tutorial of the software but firstly at all I have a small
doubt: What I want a page with the staves alone to print it? Because the
first steps in the tutorial is to learn notes, but I would like to know how
to print a page with a format of staves.

If what you're looking for is a way to make blank staff paper, I can tell you where to look. If you go to the lilypond website, follow the link at the top of the page, "Documentation" and a little way down on the first page is a link the the Lilypond Snippet Repository (LSR). If you go to the LSR, and do a search for blank staves (I just did a search for "blank" and it came up). This is an example that should work with the latest stable version of lilypond, though you may need to make some changes to the file if you want something different than what you see.

The LSR is a fine resource, and is a good place to start looking when you're trying to figure out how to do something.

Good luck,

Josiah