Re: Putting a TabStaff and Staff on same sheet with lyrics

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Putting a TabStaff and Staff on same sheet with lyrics
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 01:00:02 +0100

Hi.

> Here is a simple file that I thought would be a good start for me
> getting into using lilypond. The intent is to produce the sheet music
> for fingerpicking guitar in regular note notation and tablature with the
> lyrics. I am not seeing the first staff of 'Guitar 1' on the output.
> Also I am not sure how to properly write out the lyrics yet in lilypond.

Attached is your file, slightly modified:

- Removed the \key setting from the "global" variable because
  it causes a warning when used in the tab staff context
- Moved the "global" variable inside the respective staff
- Changed the setup in the \score block to achieve your goal
- Added a Voice context where the lyrics can be directed to

Also, I suggest that you look in the manual about \chordmode
before you start to use text markup to that effect.

Best,
Gilles