Re: Footnotes & Symbols

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Footnotes & Symbols
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:14:36 +0100

> I work with compositions and I loved the whole idea of Lilypond
> I'm thinking in start using it, but first I need to know if it's
> possible to add footnotes or any kind of text in any place in the
> score.

This is probably what you are looking for:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/LilyPond_002dbook.html#LilyPond_002dbook

> Other question: Can I add images and symbols to a Lilypond score?
> See, I work with modern notation, so I need a lot of resources that
> normaly are not used in traditional notation.

If lilypond-book isn't enough for your purpose, maybe you'll have to
include the output of lilypond into other softwares for further
processing.  I think that "scribus" and "inkscape" were mentioned on
this ML.

Best,
Gilles