Using chord names instead of ^"name" in the music

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Using chord names instead of ^"name" in the music
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:16:50 -0600

I was told to consider using chord names instead of using the ^"name"
notation as a part of the music. For example:

                        % Am (measure 1)
                        d'4^"Am" a' f' d |

                        % Am Bflat (measure 2)
                        a2
                        <f a d f>2\arpeggio^"Bis" |

Now I have a problem with the above music. How do I tell lilypond to
give me a B with a flat symbol above the second half of the second
measure. After reading the documentation I got the impression the chord
names allowed me to print out chords on sheet music. I don't need the
note only the name. Does this make sense?

Stephen