How to put jDvi in jEdit work?

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: How to put jDvi in jEdit work?
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:31:27 -0200

Hello list,
First I'd like to apologize if the question is not pertinent to this user list.
I'm using Lilypond Tool for jEdit and am happy with it, but can't figure out why I am not able to visualize the score with jDvi Viewer. It only says "jDvi starting..." but never starts (or never finishes).
Well I know my computer is old: Windows Me, Pentium celeron 433MHz, 188Mb RAM, and it usually takes a little over 1 minute to load jEdit (now using java 5). To process the Welcome_to_Lilypond file, takes 27 seconds, and I waited more than 45 minutes with the jDvi window saying "jDvi starting..." and never got anything.
What should I do — other than upgrading, or buying a new machine :) ?

Eduardo Vieira