LilyPond 2.6/2.4 and printing on a4 paper

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: LilyPond 2.6/2.4 and printing on a4 paper
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:14:29 +0100

Hallo all,

I upgraded from 2.0.X to 2.4.2 some time ago and I recognized a problem:

my scores are printed fine in the pdf/ps output, but when I try to print them
on my printer, at the end of the page the score is not complete, it's just
cut at the end of the printable page. It seems the page is rendered too big
and the border of the page is too small for my printer. This also happend at
my last upgrade to 2.6.5.

In earlier version I put an "\include a4paper.ly" in the source and the output
looked fine (the page-border was also much bigger). I think it is related to
this, as in the new version there is no such entry (after performing
convert-ly).

What could cause this (and if it is the a4paper, what command is needed to get
proper output)? I'd really like to show you a picture, but I'm unable caused
by the lack of a scanner...

Best regards Jan

--
OpenPGP Public-Key Fingerprint:
0E9B 4052 C661 5018 93C3 4E46 651A 7A28 4028 FF7A