Inputting special symbols

From: liang seng
Subject: Inputting special symbols
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:43:09 +0000

Hi, I'm using Lilypond 2.7.x series for Windows 98 and I would like to know how can we input special characters into Lilypond using standard word editors like Notepad? I would like to put the word "piu forte" in a text markup, but with a backslash on top of the u in "piu". I tried using Alt+151 (the symbol ù) to enter that character but it was not shown in the pdf output. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks in advance.