Unique stanza layout

From: liang seng
Subject: Unique stanza layout
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:10:31 +0000

Hi, I am using Lilypond 2.7.27 for Windows 98 and I'm trying to compile a choral work. Here is an simple file of my problem:
\version "2.7.27"

<< \new Staff \context Voice = "melody" \relative c'  {
<< \context Voice = other { \voiceOne g  a b4 }
\context Voice = melody { \voiceTwo g4 a b } >> \oneVoice c e e e2 << \context Voice = other { \voiceOne d d c } \context Voice = melody { \voiceTwo d d c } >> \oneVoice \bar ".|." }

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" \new Lyrics { This is the first line of text for the music }
\new Lyrics  \lyricsto "other" \new Lyrics { This is the second line text }

Here, the first stanza "melody" covers the entire music. For the second stanza "other", the lyrics only appear at certain points of the music. In the example, it appears in bar 1 and 3. I tried compiling the file but as the output shows, the second stanza does not appear in the 3rd bar. Why is this? If I'm not mistaken there is a skip function that allows us to skip lyrics over notes but if the gap is several lines of music, that is not practical. I cannot use another \new Lyric as there would appear to be a gap between the stanzas. Is there a way to make the second stanza "other" appear at bar 3?
Thank you.