PDF size in 2.7.27

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: PDF size in 2.7.27
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:15:51 +0100

Hello list,

I have noticed that the size of the pdfs produced by lily 2.7.27 on
(windows xp) is much bigger than in previous versions.
I have tested the same file unchanged with

2.7.18 Win      > 44 KB
2.7.23 Win > 44 KB
2.7.27 Win > 1.220 KB

Perhaps there is something wrong? The output looks the same.
For me it looks like a problem with the embedding of fonts. In the
2.7.27 pdf the font list shows each of the CenturySchl types Roma,
Ital, Bold, several times.
Bold 6x
Ital 10x
Roman more than 30 times!

If there is any interest I could send the pdf and the ly-files.

Thomas