Re: lilypond 2.7.27-1 doesn't install and work

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.7.27-1 doesn't install and work
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:17:45 -0700

Enrico Licini wrote:

Hi, I tryed to install lilypond-2.7.27-1.linux.sh but it doesn't work.
Opening the file with vim, I saw that there was an error in line 85: $lilydir -xzf should be $lilydir -xjf
Another problem is in the file lilypond in ~/bin: the line should end with $*

But I am not able to solve the last problem: lilypond fails to generate the pdf file...

Is it possible to solve these problems?
Are you saying it doesn't install after making the above corrections or it installs but doesn't work correctly?

Paul Scott