Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:45:25 +0100

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 03.16, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> alanvw wrote:
> > PS I would like to hear from others who use Notepad++ and a comment from
> > Han.
>
> (the name's Han-Wen, not Han).
>
> it looks  interesting, since it can be compiled under MinGW as well.
> However, It also looks like it might be a bit heavyweight for our
> purposes. The binaries weigh in at 600 kb.

SciTE is about as heavyweight, and has one advantage IMHO: It is portable, so
it would be possible to deliver a uniform default Lilypond experience on all
platforms.

(Notepad++ is based on SciTE, and I don't really know the difference apart
from portability, so if anyone claims that Notepad++ is a better editor, then
I will not attempt to falsify that claim)

--
Erik