Re: using \include for fret diagrams

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: using \include for fret diagrams
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:05:35 -0700

Shelagh Manton wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:57:38 +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

First of all, using \include is completely equivalent to
pasting a copy of the included file at the place where you
have the \include command, so there's nothing magic at all
with \include.

I guess your real question is how to define a macro for
a particular fret diagram. You can simply do:
myfret = \markup \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"

and use the corresponding macro like

c^\myfret

 /Mats

I have been able to work out fret diagrams within a particular file, but I
was hoping to have a permanent file of fret macros that I could call on
from other lily files using \include.
I know it is possible but, I was wondering if the file I called on in
\include frets.ly is written just the same as other lily files or do they
have special instructions?
No special instructions. The text in the frets.ly file will just replace the text"
'\include "frets.ly"'

Paul Scott