Using RPM to install 2.7 ?

From: Graham King
Subject: Using RPM to install 2.7 ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:40:11 +0000

I'd like to install lilypond 2.7 on a Fedora Core 4 box, on which all
the software is (so far!) managed by RPM.  Has anyone created an RPM
package of 2.7?

Earlier, I tried to make a naive binary RPM using the installer script
from
http://lilypond.org/download/binaries/linux-x86/lilypond-2.7.28-1.linux.sh but
this appears to drag in an extra copy of files from ghostscript-8.15, guile,
python, freetype, pango, etc., all of which are already installed.

Then, thinking I'd better do the job properly and build from source, I
looked at the version 2.4 spec file from
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/lilypond-2.4.5-1.src.rpm
 and took fright!  Definitely time to ask the experts...

--
Graham King <address@hidden>