Re: Problem with \relative

From: Thies Albrecht
Subject: Re: Problem with \relative
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:17:35 +0100

Hi Kees!

Kees Serier schrieb:
I'm having trouble with: \relative c'
I have put \relative on several places in the source, but I get a very
strange output in the PDF.
What am I doing wrong?
You only have to remove every comma/apostrophe from the input for Staff#2.

For example:

a' b' c'' d'' e'' f'' g''   ->   a b c d e f g

The \relative command is used for a much more easy note entry: When writing two or more consecutive notes, lily will put the second note closest to the first.

For example:

c e   ->   c e (above)
c g   ->   c g (below)

Every following note is set relative to its predecessor. You need to specify commata/apostrophes only if you want lily to raise/lower the next note . For mot einformation see:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Octave-entry.html#Octave-entry

Kind regards,
Thies Albrecht