split lyrics

From: yournewbestfriend
Subject: split lyrics
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:11:00 -0800

Hello,

I'm looking through the archives and I've found almost exactly what I need. I'm trying to have a split where the text for the upper part is above the staff, and the text for lower voice is below the staff, and I just cannot figure out what to do. The example I found from the archives (from Mats Bengtsson) is here:
\version "2.6.5"
\score{
<<
\context Voice = "melody" {
     \relative c' { c
<< {\voiceOne c'8 e} \context Voice = splitpart {\voiceTwo c, 4} >>
      \oneVoice c4 c | c
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" { we shall not o- ver- come }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "splitpart" { shall }

}

But everything I try affects the splitpart and not the melody.

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de