Re: Linux installer problems

From: Joel Mayes
Subject: Re: Linux installer problems
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:04:24 +1100

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:55, Robert Memering wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> when using the Linux installer, and after a successful (I assume)
> istallation trying to run lilypond, I get this:
>
> /usr/local//lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: error while loading shared
> libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

This error is (most likely) caused by the lilypond package you are using
having been compiled against a different version of libstdc++ then you have
installed.

You need to find what package in your distribution provides libstdc++.so.6 and
install that package, then everything shold be fine

Cheers

Joel