Re: Italian/Spanish: multiple vowels on one note

From: yournewbestfriend
Subject: Re: Italian/Spanish: multiple vowels on one note
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:10:01 -0800

It is not at accent, it is called an elision. attached is a picture. It is the little symbol that connects the "co" of bianco to "e"

PNG image

Am 02.02.2006 um 22:36 schrieb Nahum wengrov:

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

cordilow (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
Hello,

I've been searching for a way to represent what looks like an upside
down breve, and also what looks like a breve spaced as low as an
underscore.

breve?  I think you mean fermata?

This is confusing. In English, "breve" means an accent above the vowel, not necessrily the musical notation. He means some cute curve above the letter,
as an accent, which is part of the language, I think.