Auto beaming question

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Auto beaming question
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:09:11 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to typeset a piece (it's the Allemanda from Bach's second violin partita, BWV 1004, in case you care). I'm having a little bit of trouble configuring the auto beaming to do exactly what I want. There are basically three rhythmic units present in the piece (which is in 4/4 time):

- groups of sixteenth notes. These should be beamed per beat, i.e. in groups of four. - groups of sixteenth and thirty-second notes. These should also be beamed per beat, e.g. three sixteenths and two thirty-seconds. - sixteenth note triplets. These should be beamed one per half beat, i.e. three notes beamed together.

I'm currently using the following commands:

    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 24 * *) 21 24)
    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 24 * *) 9 24)

    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 * *) 1 4)
    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 * *) 2 4)
    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 * *) 3 4)

The sixteenth note triplets are beamed correctly, but the groups with thirty-second notes are beamed incorrectly. Can anyone tell me which auto-beaming commands to use? Thanks!

--
Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  http://bdesham.net  |  AIM: bdesham128