Re: short first bar, long tempo indication

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: short first bar, long tempo indication
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:05:43 +0100

Exactly what kind of tempo indication do you have in mind?
c4^"Allegro moderato"

\tempo 4=90 c4

or

\mark "Allegro moderato" c4

As always, I recommend to include some example .ly code to clarify
exactly what you ask about.

  /Mats

Quoting Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden>:

[ Mac OS X 10.4.4 ; Lilypond 2.7.28-2 (Build from 30-12-2005 19:17 ]

Howdy, y'all!

When the tempo indication is longer than the first bar of music, how can I make the first bar maintain its "natural length" (rather than stretching to accommodate the length of the markup)? i.e., I want the tempo indication to stretch into the 2nd (or 3rd, etc.) measures, as necessary

Thanks,
Kieren.